Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sound the Alarm

Greetings!!!

Have you ever had a song in your head that would not go away? I have had the song "Holy Visitation" going through my head for the past two weeks. Here are the words:
Sound the alarm
Gather the people
Gather the elders
Let the ministers wail
Take back the years that the enemy's stolen
Lord, You are coming with a Holy Visitation

Sound the alarm
Awaken the watchmen
Open their ears 
Let their voices be loud
We prophecy, You'll come to this nation
Touch this generation with a Holy Visitation

We return to You
Fasting and weeping and mourning
Oh, my Lord, You're returning
We lie here weeping between porch and altar
Pour out Your Spirit on Your sons and Your daughters

We dance. We shout. We lift up our voices
Let Your kingdom come down
I was made for war
I was made for battle, Lord

As the song went through my head this morning, there were two Scriptures that also rolled around in my head. First was Joel 2:1-2 "Blow a trumpet in Zion, And sound an alarm on My holy mountain! Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming; Surely it is near. A day of darkness and gloom, A day of clouds and thick darkness." 

The second Scripture is from the New Testament. Ephesians 6: 12-13 "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the full armor of God, that you may be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything , to stand firm."

Sometimes it takes me awhile to hear clearly, but I believe I need to sound the alarm. It is time for the church to get on their face before the LORD and seek Him and His will. It is time to fast and pray and not move away-neither to the left or right, nor forward or back, until we hear from Him. If He does not move, we cannot move. Are you ready for battle? As Petra put it, you ready to "Get on your knees, and fight like a man!"

The LORD bless you with hearing the alarm before it is too late.

I love you,
Ruth


No comments: