Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Rest

Greetings!!!
Have you ever sat down to spend time with the Lord, gotten quiet, and then fallen asleep? That happened to me yesterday. I was so sound asleep that I did not even hear when my son Thomas got up to start school, and he let me sleep. It was such a good sleep. 

The Lord spoke Matthew 11:27-30 to me. "All things have been handed over to Me by My Father; and no one knows the Son, except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father, except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him. Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; an YOU SHALL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. For My yoke is easy, and My load is light."

Are you finding yourself weary and struggling with the load you have to bear? Do you get up in the morning and feel like you have not rested? Does it feel like everyday one more thing is added to your bundle of cares? Are you wondering if you can take the next step to continue on this journey? Jesus says, "Come to Me." When was the last time you went to Him and told Him all about your journey and your load. Even if it seems that no one wants to hear about your concerns, Jesus will listen. Jesus will care. Jesus will give you rest, but you must come.

The LORD bless you with stopping your busyness and taking the time to "Come." 

I love you,
Ruth

No comments: