Monday, September 28, 2009

Are You a Child Yet?

Greetings!!!

Are little children welcome in your church services? Do you enjoy their presence? Do you feel the children there for you to teach, or to teach you? One of the Scripture verses God gave me when we first started homeschooling was "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." Proverbs 27:17 I took that as a goal. At first I did not realize it was God's plan to use my children to make me into what God wanted me to be as much as, maybe even more than, He wanted me to help my children become what He wanted them to be.

If you are blessed to have little children in your church services, I suggest that you watch them very closely, and embrace the opportunity before you with sober judgment. Consider Matthew 18:1-6. At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, "Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" And He called a child to Himself and stood him in their midst, and said, "Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you shall not enter the kingdom of heaven. And whoever receives one such child in My name receives Me; but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it is better for him that a heavy millstone be hung around his neck, and that he be drowned in the depth of the sea."

Do not feel bad if you have a hard time getting this. You are in good company. It was only one chapter in Matthew 19:13-15 that we find that the disciples did not get it either. Then some children were brought to Him so that He might lay His hands on them and pray; and the disciples rebuked them. But Jesus said, "Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." And after laying His hands on them, He departed from there.

Watch the children your church services. Children are carefree. They do not question whether or not they are loved, but are assured of it. They are convinced that they can have anything that they want and that it is right for them to want it. I love to watch them worship. In freedom and in sheer delight, they abandon themselves to God. At your age, have you become a child yet?

The LORD bless you with delighting in the little child inside you.

I love you,
Ruth

No comments: