Thursday, March 25, 2010

Puzzles

Greetings!!!
Do you like to do puzzles? Jigsaw puzzles are my favorite kind of puzzle. As I sort the pieces I am force to think about what I see in each piece. Often times my sorting process is incorrect because I sort by what I see which is mostly the colors of each object or parts of the shapes. It is funny how far off I can be in the placing some of the pieces in the different piles.

As I was working a puzzle this morning, Isaiah 55: 6-11 kept coming to my mind. Seek the LORD while He may be found; Call upon Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake his way, And the unrighteous man his thoughts; And let him return to the LORD, An He will have compassion on him; And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon. "For My thought are not your thoughts, Neither are your ways My ways," declares the LORD. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts."

Do you realize that your life is like a piece of a jigsaw puzzle? Do you think that you hold it in your hand? Are you trying to force your piece of the puzzle where you think it needs to be? Are you frustrated and stressed about the things going on in your life? Maybe it is time to hand over the puzzle of your life to the One who knows exactly how your piece fits with all the other puzzle pieces in your life. I know that it can be hard to let go. In letting go, there can be an overwhelming fear of falling uncontrollably. Let me remind you of Deuteronomy 33:27, "The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms." So, even if you do fall, you are safe for the LORD God will be there to catch you. Go ahead. Let's count to three and take a leap of faith.

The LORD bless you with giving Him total control of your life.

I love you,
Ruth

No comments: