Friday, February 29, 2008

Be Vigilant

Greetings!!!
Have you ever been taken by surprise by pain? Last night, hastily I plunged my hand into a drawer to get a storage bag to protect the corn muffins that had just finished cooling, only to retract my hand even more quickly. Instantly I cried out in pain and blood poured from my finger. Instead of getting a plastic storage bag, my finger hit the cutting edge of the plastic wrap box. I was totally caught off guard.

In Peter 5: 6-11 we are warned of dangers in the spirit realm. 
Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you. Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls about like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world. And after you have suffered for a little, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you. To Him be dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Your enemy, the devil, is constantly trying to catch you off guard. Over and over the writers of the Bible tell us to be vigilant so we will not be caught in his devises. Watch out! Do not let yourself be snared. 

The LORD bless you with vigilance so that you may recognize and thwart the devils' plans.

I love you,
Ruth


No comments: