Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Heavens Declare the Glory of God?

Greetings!!!
Are you a stargazer? For as long as I can remember, I have been fascinated by what I observed in the sky and wondered what was out there. I would read about black holes, super novas, nebulae, stars and galaxies that are millions of light-years away, and try to imagine them. At the time I did not know why I was so fascinated by everything that has to do with outer space. I was enthralled with space, and dreamed of exploring it someday. It was not until I came into a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ that I began to understand my attraction to the stars. 

Psalm 19: 1-6 helped me to understand.

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge.
There is no speech or language where their voice in not heard.
Their voice goes out to all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.

In the heavens He has pitched a tent for the sun, 
which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion,
like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
It rises at one end of the heavens and makes its circuit to the other;
nothing is hidden from its heat.

What is the work of God's hand that the heavens are trying to declare to all the world? Take a look at the core of the Whirlpool galaxy M51 taken by the Hubble Space Telescope. Scientist believe this to be a giant black hole in the center of this galaxy.
 


                  www.scienceclarified.com/Bi-Ca/black-Hole.html 

What is the glory that the heavens are declaring? That Jesus died on the cross, that He took the punishment for your sins so that you could be free to serve Him, and live forever with Him in heaven. Have you accepted Jesus' sacrifice on the cross as all that is needed to make you right with God? Will you be with Jesus when you die? I long to see you there.

For more listening to the stars visit: www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegallery/iotd.html

The LORD bless you with hearing the voice of the heavens.

I love you,
Ruth



No comments: