Monday, April 7, 2008

Spring Cleaning

Greetings!!!
Do you spring clean? Are you the spring cleaner who cleans every nook and cranny in your home? I do not spring clean. I do my best to keep ahead of the dust and dirt, dishes and laundry, not to mention the dirty windows in my home. But a big clean all at once... hmm, I may have done that before children, but I do not remember that far back. Somehow, it does not seem as important as it might have been once. As I was wondering where  we ever got the idea of spring cleaning, my Bible reading was in Exodus 12 where Moses was teaching the Israelites about the Passover.

Here is what verses 14- 15 say: "Now this day will be a memorial to you, and you shall celebrate it as a feast to the LORD; throughout your generations you are to celebrate it as a permanent ordinance. Seven days you shall eat unleavened bread, but on the first day you shall remove leaven from your houses; for whoever eats anything leavened from the first day until the seventh day, that person shall be cut off from Israel."

Knowing how Adam and Eve, the Pharisees and even we today hear and yet do not hear what God says to us, I can see how people would become obsessive/compulsive about God's command not to eat anything leavened to not touching it or even having it in the house. I can see it now, each spring in the month of Abib before the Passover celebration all the Hebrew families gathered in their homes to clean out every nook and cranny of any small smidge of leaven. And here we are today, mothers with their families being obsessive/compulsive about cleaning out every speck of... what are we looking for? As you spring clean this year, may you find yourself falling in love with Jesus our Lord and Savior, our once and forever Passover Lamb.

The LORD bless  you with eyes to see Him in the busy-ness of spring.

I love you,
Ruth

No comments: