Thursday, April 10, 2008

Remember

Greetings!!!
Have you ever done something that sparked a memory so vivid it was almost like you were there? Recently, I purchased some raw peanuts. As soon as I opened bag and ate the first nut, memories tumbled over me like water over a fall. I remembered being a little girl and harvesting peanuts with my dad and eating raw peanuts. Those memories came unbidden and as real as if I were there... that little girl harvesting and eating and savoring the taste of raw peanuts.

As I thought about remembering, the words of David came into my mind:

I remember the days of old;
I meditate on all Thy doings; 
I muse on the work of Thy hands. 
I stretch out my hand to Thee; 
My soul longs for Thee, as a parched land.   [Selah.

Answer me quickly, O LORD, my spirit fails; 
Do not hide Thy face from me, 
Lest I go down to the pit. 
Let me hear Thy lovingkindness in the morning; 
For I trust in Thee; 
Teach me the way in which I should walk; 
For to Thee I lift up my soul. 
Psalm 143:5-8

I think God wants us to remember Him more than anything else. When was the last time your thoughts turned to Him? When was the last time that you were awestruck by His greatness and wonder? When was the last time you realized how big and powerful the God of the universe really is? And when was the last time that you considered that in spite of all His power and greatness, wonder and majesty, His thoughts are on you... longing for you to turn your gaze upon Him? Hmmm, now that is true love.

The LORD bless you with thoughts that are continually upon Him!

I love you,
Ruth

No comments: