Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Day to Rejoice

Greetings!!!

What is your weather this morning? Here on my hill, everything is laden with a sheet of ice more than one-forth inch thick. It is amazingly beautiful. It is amusing to watch the animals cautiously move about. Our cats tiptoe across the sidewalk to their food. The birds move with extra care, unsure if their footing will hold. It is nice not to have to go out and brave the storm, but for those who do, it could be a very anxious morning commute. Are you anxious this morning? Maybe the morning commute is the least of  your cares today.

Paul tells us in Philippians 4: 4-8, "Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your forbearing spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things."

Do things look scary for you today, things beyond the weather? I am reminded of a song my daddy used to sing to us... "When I'm worried and I can't sleep, I count my blessings instead of sheep, and I fall asleep counting my blessing. When my payroll is getting small, I think of when I had none at all, and I fall asleep counting my blessings." Whatever you are going through, you are not alone. God loves you and cares about what is happening in your life. Trust that He is working in your circumstance. Your heavenly Father also places people around you who can help you bear your burden. Ask for help. You might be amazed how quickly you will find a helping hand or someone with just what you need, but they cannot help you if you do not make your need known. 

The LORD bless you with His peace as you face today.

I love you,
Ruth

No comments: