Friday, January 9, 2009

Wrapped in Heaviness

Greetings!!!

Are you enjoying this freezing weather? For three days our temperature has been below 30 degrees. Everything on our hill and up the mountains has been encased in ice!!! This shroud is beautifully amazing as it glistens in the light of the sun, but this is very unusual. Are you feeling like you are encased in a shroud, trapped in an enclosure of darkness that will never break?

Isaiah 54:4-10 says, " Fear not, for you will not be put to shame; Neither feel humiliated, for you will not be disgraced; But you will forget the shame of your youth, And the reproach of your widowhood you will remember no more. For your husband is your Maker, Whose name is the LORD of hosts; And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel, Who is called the God of all the earth. For the LORD has called you, Like a wife forsaken and grieved in spirit, Even like a wife of one's youth when she is rejected," Says your God. For a brief moment I forsook you, But with great compassion I will gather you. In an outburst of anger I hid My face from you for a moment; But with everlasting lovingkindness I will have compassion on your," Says the LORD your Redeemer.  For this is like the days of Noah to Me; When I swore that the water of Noah Should not flood the earth again, So I have sworn that I will not be angry with you, Nor will I rebuke you. For the mountains may be removed and the hills may shake, But My lovingkindness will not be removed from you, And My covenant of peace will not be shaken," Say the LORD who has compassion on you."

I do not know why the darkness comes and enshrouds you. I do not know why it lingers so long, but I do know that God is with you in it. If you belong to Him, His promise is sure in Hebrews 13:5 as written in the Amplified Bible: "I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless not forsake nor let [you] down, [relax My hold on you].--Assuredly not!" God loves you with an everlasting love. Keep holding onto Him. No matter what, do not let go.

The LORD bless you with a reprieve from the darkness.

I love you,
Ruth 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God knew what he was doing from the very begining. He decided from the outset to shape the lives of those who love him along the same lines as the life of his Son. The Son stands first in the line of humanity restored. We see the original and intended shape of our lives in him. ROMANS 8:29 THE MESSAGE