Friday, October 24, 2008

"I Just Want To Be Where You Are"

Greetings!!!

Do you have a pet that always wants to be where you are? I had two situations yesterday where my cat and one of the kittens put themselves in danger to be with me. First thing in the morning, my buddy Blackie, who is our big, fat cat, crossed the road and was desperately trying to catch up with my when I went on my morning walk. I happened to turn around and saw him and had to take him home. Then later, when I was coming in from the garage, I did not see the kitten sprint up behind me and get caught in the door. I had to release the little guy from the door that trapped him.

Have you ever been so thoughtless about the things around you because you were desperate for God? In Psalm 42:1-4, Korah describes his longing for God. 
"As the deer pants for the water brooks, 
So my soul pants for Thee, O God. 
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God; 
When shall I come and appear before God? 
My tears have been my food day and night, 
While they say to me all day long, "Where is your God?" 
These things I remember, and I pour out my soul within me. 
For I used to go along with the throng and lead them in
procession to the house of God, 
With the voice of joy and thanksgiving, a multitude keeping     
    festival."

Do you remember a time when you were in the presence of God? How long ago was that? How desperate are you to be in the presence of God again? What will you do? What will you give up to enter into His presence again? God's desire to have you come into His presence is greater than your desire to be there. Do not wait. Take time to meet with Him today.

The LORD bless you with being desperate for Him.

I love you,
Ruth

No comments: