Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Turn Around

Greetings!!!

Do you have a regular traveling route? I have three different routes that I use regularly for my morning exercise. No matter which direction I go, I have some major hills to go up and down. This morning I was prompted to reverse one of my routes. I kept thinking how different things looked from this vantage point. Dogs barked that I did not know were there. The view was different as I traveled this new direction. I saw things I would never have seen if I had not turned around.

As I thought of how unfamiliar my route was this morning, Acts 3: 18-21 came to mind. "But the things which God announced beforehand by the mouth of all the prophets, that His Christ should suffer He has thus fulfilled. Repent therefore and return, that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord; and that He may send Jesus, the Christ appointed for you, whom heaven must receive until the period of restoration of all things about which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time."

Have you ever reversed your direction? It can appear and feel quite strange and unfamiliar, and so it is when you repent and turn the other direction spiritually. Everything is... well... different. If you have never turned around and asked God to forgive your sins, or trusted the death of Jesus to be all you need to have a relationship with the one, true and living God, or asked Jesus to come into your life and lead you home, what is keeping you from making that decision? Why not do so today? It will give your life a new, refreshing perspective.

The LORD bless you with turning to Him today.

I love you,
Ruth

No comments: