Thursday, November 13, 2008

What Is Your Focus?

Greetings!!!

Do you remember the dogs I told you about that greet me like clockwork every morning? To my surprise yesterday morning, when I got to the place where I usually hear the barking and baying of hounds, there was silence. I could see the dogs, but they did not see me. I wondered what was wrong. When I got close enough to see what the distraction was, I realized that every one of those dogs was focus on its master who was at the kennels talking to them. I was not their concern at that time.

Almost instantly, Matthew 14: 25-32 came to mind. "And in the fourth watch of the night He came to them, walking upon the sea. And when the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were frightened, saying, "It's a ghost!" And they cried out for fear. But immediately Jesus spoke to them saying, "Take courage, it is I; do not be afraid." And Peter answered Him and said, "Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water." And He said, "Come!" And Peter got out of the boat, and walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But seeing the wind, he became afraid and beginning to sink, he cried out, saying, "Lord, save me!" And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and took hold of him and said to him, "O you of little faith, why did you doubt?"

Peter walked on the water! He remained above the waves for as long as he focused on Jesus and not on the storm around him! In the same way that the wind and the waves did not stop Peter from walking on the water while he focused on Jesus, and nothing could disrupt those dogs from focusing on their master, I tell you "fix your eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith". You are safe in His hands, rest there. You are safe in His hands, be at peace. You are safe in His hands, focus your gaze on His face and listen intently to His word. Nothing needs to disturb or disrupt your day.

The LORD bless you with a determined, intense focus on Him.

I love you,
Ruth

No comments: