Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Are You Heavy Laden?

Greetings!!!

As I walked my route one morning last week, everything was covered with snow. Our area had an unexpected snowstorm through the night. Everything looked so beautiful covered with snow. When I got to the place with a bamboo grove, I was surprised. The bamboo was hanging close to the ground from the burden of snow. It reminded me of so many people who are struggling to get through the holidays.  

I can almost hear Jesus say, "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle an humble in heart; and YOU SHALL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. For My yoke is easy, and My load is light." Matthew 11:28-30

How are you feeling this holiday season? When you look around can you see no brightness or joy, but only shades of gray and sorrow.  Do you feel you will soon break under of the enormous load that you bear?  And do you believe that you have nowhere to turn? Again, I direct you to Scripture. "Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:6-7

Do not beat yourself up because of your feelings. Feelings come and go. They go up. They go down. Sometimes feelings are dark and foreboding, while other times they are merry and light. You are feeling what you are feeling, but do not press into them. Press into the One who loves you so much that He made every provision for you through Jesus Christ. What are you waiting for? Go! Run to the Lover of your soul and give all this to Him.

The LORD bless you with soul rest in Him.

I love you,
Ruth

No comments: