Thursday, April 22, 2010

Dry, Dusty Days


Greetings!!!
Has your weather been dry? Our weather has been so dry that when I cut my grass yesterday I resembled Charles M. Schulz's character "Pig Pen" from the Peanuts comic strip. You know "Pig Pen"!! He is the one who is known for the cloud of dust and dirt that goes wherever he does. I was covered in dirt and had dirt in places dirt ought not to be. I am still getting dirt out of my eyes and nose this morning, but after the work of thatching, cutting and bagging grass and putting it on my garden, my lawn looks lush and green. It was a lot of hard work, but it was worth it.

Has the weather of your soul been dry, so dry that a dust cloud shrouds your life making it feel like you will suffocate? "You are My witnesses," declares the LORD, "And My servant whom I have chosen, In order that you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me. "I, even I, am the LORD; And there is no savior besides Me. It is I who have declared and saved and proclaimed, And there was no strange god among you; So you are My witnesses," declares the LORD, "And I am God. Even from eternity I am He; And there is none who can deliver out of My hand; I act and who can reverse it?"

Thus says the LORD your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, "Do not call to mind the former things, Or ponder things of the past. "Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert. The beasts of the field will glorify Me; The jackals and the ostriches; Because I have given waters in the wilderness And rivers in the desert, To give drink to My chosen people. "The people whom I formed for Myself, Will declare My praise." Isaiah 43:10-14,18-20

Dark, dry days of the soul can be long and hard to endure, but remember, dear child of God, He has not forgotten you. He has not abandoned you. You are precious to Him. He has you in His hands and you are safe, safe all the way to the end. Your desert days will not last forever, and the work in your soul that is done there, although it is hard, will be worth it.

The LORD bless you with His grace as you walk through your desert.

I love you,
Ruth

No comments: