Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Rainbows



Greetings!!!
Do you watch for rainbows? I cannot tell you why, but for as long as I can remember since I became a child of God, rainbows hold a special place in my heart. Maybe it has something to do with the very first rainbow found in Genesis 9:12-16: And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant which I am making between Me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all successive generations; I set My bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a sign of a covenant between Me and the earth. And it shall come about, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud, and I will remember My covenant, which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and never again shall the water become a flood to destroy all flesh. When the bow is in the cloud, then I will look upon it, to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth." God was remembering us last week when He placed this rainbow in the clouds about our house after a very intense storm.

What storms are raging in your life? Are the clouds so black and the rain pounding so hard that you can hardly hear yourself think, let alone hear the whispers of God. Is the lightning so bright and the thunder so close and so loud that it takes your breath away? Here are some thoughts to remember in the middle of your storms. Jesus said there would be storms. John 16:33, "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

The storms are not meant for your destruction. Isaiah 43:1-3, "But now, thus says the LORD, your creator, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine! "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you. "For I am the LORD your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior;"

You will not be abandoned in any of the storms of life. Romans 8:35-39, "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? Just as it is written, "FOR THY SAKE WE ARE BEING PUT TO DEATH ALL DAY LONG; WE WERE CONSIDERED AS SHEEP TO BE SLAUGHTERED." But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."

What storms are raging in your life? Start watching for the rainbow, for a rainbow can only be seen during a storm. Take hold of God's abundant grace. He will see you through whatever the storms bring.

The LORD bless you with resting in His grace and peace in the middle of your storms.

I love you,
Ruth

No comments: