Thursday, April 1, 2010

Shelter In the Storm

Greetings!!!
Are you enjoying a reprieve from the rain? I had to drive through a really intense storm this past Sunday to get to a meeting. As usual when I am driving alone, I was talking to my heavenly Father. Then I noticed my rear window. The rain was blasting the car so hard I could hardly hear anything else, but there was no rain hitting the rear window. I changed speeds and kept checking the rearview mirror to see if the rain really was not hitting the rear window. Sure enough, something was protecting it from the rain! As I talked to my Father about this, He brought Psalm 91 to mind.

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
Will abide in the shadow if the Almighty.
I will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress,
My God, in whom I trust!"
For it is He who delivers you from the snare of the trapper,
And from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with His pinions,
And under His wings you may seek refuge;
His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark.

You will not be afraid of the terror by night,
Or of the arrow that flies by day;
Of the pestilence that stalks in darkness,
Or of the destruction that lays waste at noon.
A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not approach you.
For you have made the LORD my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place. No evil will befall you,
Nor will any plague come near your tent.

For He will give His angels charge concerning you,
To guard you in all your ways. They will bear you up in their hands,
Lest you strike your foot against a stone.
You will tread upon the lion and cobra,
The young lion and serpent you will trample down.

"Because he has loved Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him securely on high, because he has known My name.
He will call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will rescue him, and honor him.
With a long life I will satisfy him,
And let him behold My salvation."

What are you facing today? What are the lions and cobras, the young lions and serpents in front of you? What wells up in you when you come face to face with a lion or serpent? Fear. Terror. Dread. It does not matter what you are feeling. You have power! You have strength! Although the lion may be roaring and prowling about for someone to devour, and the serpent may be trying to bring fear and dread, God has given you the power and authority to trample them under your feet!! Yes, you might me afraid, but you are not alone. You are not resisting the enemy in your own strength. Now is the time to put on the full armor of God and stand. Stand face to face with full confidence in the One who stands with you. Stand firm and witness your deliverance.

The LORD bless you with confidence in the One who shoulder to shoulder with you as you face the lions and cobras in your life.

I love you,
Ruth

No comments: